Sorting out photos I find back all those small things I enjoyed this summer:
- coming for blueberry picking and being greeted by a newspaper clip with a photo of Emily from 2016;
- spending an afternoon in Monschau climbing hills and discovering secret codes with Anna;
- watching Alexander doing things with other adults – helping neighbors cutting wood in the garden, peeling apples with a friend, working on a car with a friend’s father;
- learning to use scythe with the “elders” of our vegetable garden and evening “dates” there with Robert, harvesting and making berry pergola;
- walking forest trails with the whole family and then being slow watching kids playing in the waters of Rursee;
- reading books – in a hammock, on the beach, in bed, in a camping chair…
Those and many other moments were definitely needed to recharge and rethink.