Last Monday I started online CPsquare foundations workshop. I’ve been hanging on the periphery of CPsquare way too long, so this is a great opportunity to dive in to learn and to make connections. I thought of making a list of things that I’d like to learn during the workshop, but, from what I’ve seen so far the best approach would be to expect the unexpected.
So, instead, I’ll make a list of themes and questions around communities (and being social online 🙂 that I’m interested to explore (and then see if something of that clicks with others and what else emerges in the process):
- Communities – networks – individuals, practice and theory
- how they relate to each other and flow into each other?
- artefacts moving between those
- the role of boundaries
- managing participation in different communities – reconciling identities, dealing with fragments, making choices when time is limited
- accidental vs. intentional brokering
- Being digital
- work-life balance for those who work and live online
- face-to-face vs online: what do we actually miss when we don’t meet in person? what technology does well and what not?
Next to this I’m interested to learn from the workshop format and facilitation – I believe in learning by experiencing and would like to see how it works in this case (and then think how it might translate to other cases).