Some notes from Microsoft Research Faculty Summit 2005 (you may want to check links if you are interested what is happening at Microsoft Research and in potential collaborations of all kinds).
I’m not visiting all sessions and not writing much, but the slides from each presenter are put online as soon as a session starts:
Day one (program and links to presentations)
- Webcast: Bill Gates on Microsoft and Academia + transcript + notes by Liz
- External Research and Programs (.ppt); one of the interesting things there is about Digital Inclusion program
- Nomadic computing
- William Wulf talk by Liz Lawley + follow-up by Alfred Thompson
Day two (program and links to presentations)
- DemoFest (info and links about demos; search, personal collections, mobile, etc.)
- University and Industry Collaborations (.ppt)
- Digital Memories (Memex) (.ppt) – RFP is open (deadlines 9 September, 23 September)
Archived version of this entry is available at http://blog.mathemagenic.com/2005/07/18.html#a1615; comments are here.