Earlier | Home | Later
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
KM Europe 2004: highlights
Back from KM Europe... Some highlights:
- VIP pass from Knowledge Board team so I could go to all keynotes
- Bean bags in a coffee area that worked well as a metaphor a couple of times: talking about technology that shapes around you and thinking about shaping workplaces to make you happy.
- Getting a group of people for lunch, promising to show them "a place with a better food" and discovering that all "better food" places in a congress centre were closed.
- Free WiFi area given that commercial rates are pretty high (Martin Roell suggested that this was an intended hole in a network made by geeks for other geeks :)
- Fun of introducing people in a meaningful (I hope :) way
- KMwalk in Red Light District
- Thinking on "amplified networking" inspired by Karl-Erik Sveiby and Dave Snowden
- Martin Dugage walking to the coffee corner when I was sure he wouldn't be at KM Europe
- 40+ people at personal KM workshop, energy of conversations in the room and thrill of facilitating it
- PKM dinner fun: people, talks, cockroach killed, food, collecting dinner payments from 35 people, more talking…
- Future PKM research planning with Piers Young and Florian Heidecke
- Finding out that Roberta Cuel comes to Enschede (this is where I live :)
- Not finding energy to join Heiko Haller for a tango party, but finding that I can actually dance it in a middle of coffee area
- Invitation from Richard McDermott to join his workshop and discovering his work on knowledge work
- Talking with John Seely Brown about weblogs, wikis, legitimised theft and meeting at Hawaii
- People I have never met recognising my face or my name or telling that they read my weblog
- Not being able to visit any vendor stands
- Meeting people, conversations and a sense of community
- "Amplified networking"
- Personal productivity factors
- Managing "personal knowledge managers": simple rules and emergence, getting things done, organisational support and critical mass
- Triggering reflection
- "Fear factor": fear as a barrier, fear as a driving force
- Different types of networks
- Learning to be
- Defining community and community boundaries
Many notes drafted, hope to post them during coming days (and if you want to help you can cross your fingers to make C&T 2005 deadline extended, so I can blog :)
This post appears on channel KM Europe
Earlier | Home | Later
© Copyright 2002-2005 Lilia Efimova.
This weblog is my learning diary. Sometimes I write about things related to my work, but the views expressed here are personal and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.