- Maps as projections, multiple projections are possible
- Evolution of communities
- where and how weblogs travel over time
- future trajectories
You need to see the presentation for it…
Talked to JJ yesterday, they have some tools available for a use… have so many ideas for joint work…
Markus Oswald / Brigitte Roemmer-Nossek / Erich Gstrein / Markus F. Peschl: Enhancing Blogs with a Dual Interaction Design
- Implementation case: virtual communication among a class of trainees and among their coaches during on-the-job training
- Two panels in editing modes: topic-based visual navigation + editing window
- Coaches didn’t expept the tool (not many, mainly to communicate with trainees, but not between each other), trainees did
- Weblogs worked better than discussion forum and chat in two previous cases
- The tool also used in other cases
I wonder if success is due to the “dual” design or something else?
- I asked later: seems that it’s not much of the interface
- Nice ideas and applications for geocoding in blogs
- Location.root for Radio and plug-ins for other tools
- Hospitality that makes gurus?
- Links vs. content: how they are correlated?
- JJ: mapping communities based on links vs. based on content would give similar results.
- Don’t think so (re: links are not only about content, but also sign of relations, which are more than content connections)
- Brigitte: consulting for organisations
Archived version of this entry is available at http://blog.mathemagenic.com/2004/07/05.html#a1263; comments are here.