Ben Shneiderman speaks about Leonardo’s laptop (which is his new book). I guess main ideas should be somewhere on-line, so I’ll search for them rather than writing them here.
Things I found interesting:
- visualisation examples (I have to check links, but break is too short) www.smartmoney.com/marketmap, www.hivergroup.com.amazon_dyn.html, www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/treemap
- about the book: “The old computing is about what computers can do, The New Computing is about what people can do” (www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/newcomputing and mitpress.mit.edu/leonardoslaptop)
- Universal Usability Practice
- Study of user frustration while working with computers: 46% of time working with computer is lost! (paper will appear in international journal of HCI).
- Human needs for activities:
- collect: information
- relate: communication
- create: innovation
- donate: dissemination